Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A romp in the woods

Well, another day and we didn't get in the pool, but Coco's ears are looking better and I think it will be just a few more days. However, we did get a rather long romp in the woods this afternoon and it was very nice. The temperature was a little cool, so we could run and run without getting over heated.

And there were GREAT smells everywhere. There were..........there were.........there were......well, I don't really know what the smells were, but they were not what we usually find in the yard. I could spend a whole day finding new smells in the woods. We were running and hopping and jumping and racing, going from one scented area to the next, Wow!

This is a run we used to do last year, and in fact, did just a few weeks ago. Last year we'd run like the Dickens, then come home and jump in the pool. Neato!!! Today I came home, huffing and puffing and went to the door to the pool and.........nothing. They won't let me in without Coco and Coco can't go in yet. Bummer.

Well, I was hot too and I would have liked to go in the pool, but I have to do what they make me do. And since I cannot open the door by myself, the pool is out of reach. Keep some stiff upper flews, Jodie. We'll be back in the water in no time. By the way, have you noticed that our tennis balls are getting ratty looking. I mean the ones we have left.

Yes, it seems that once we chew through the cover the old folks throw the ball away. It doesn't bother me if it leaks and sits on the bottom of the pool, as long as we have a few more to play with. I think you'll have to sneak on the counter and add "tennis balls" to their shopping list.

OK, I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment