Thursday, August 6, 2009

AM I in the doghouse again?

We haven't been back home too long and I'm in trouble already. I mentioned earlier how nice it is to be home and free. We go out without a leash and we can investigate the whole yard. Occasionally I find something that smells a lot better than the green apple scented dog shampoo that Mom favors. This morning in my travels I found a source of eau de pew. It was so good that I rolled on both sides. Darn if the old man didn't notice. It was back outside under the hose to get another shampoo. I don't know if he realizes that I'm not averse to having another bath. Let me see..........there's water..........the shampoo...........the rinse.............the air hose blowdown........and the towel dry. The worst part would have to be the shampoo, but it doesn't sting my eyes and does smell pretty good. So, if the worst part is still pretty good, the whole idea of a bath is not punishment, but a treat. I wonder if I can find that spot tomorrow?

I think I may be a more refined Lab than Jodie, because I do not appreciate the rotten stink that she brings in the house. Oh, I'd like another drying and toweling, but I wouldn't lower myself to roll in some decaying carrion laying in the yard. I'm happy enough with the treatment I get after swimming. Besides, when Dad was outside washing her, Mom was inside scratching me. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment