Thursday, August 20, 2009

What a Day!!!!

Today started earlier than normal and we had early access to the yard. As I was making my rounds of the "back forty" I discovered a most awesome scent. It was so good that it took my breath away and I'm sure that it's so because Mom took one whiff and it took her breath away, too. Then, for some reason, she took me outside and gave me a bath. Water and shampoo and a lot of brisk scrubbing. AAAHHHHH!

From Dogs


I was standing around minding my own business and Mom grabbed me after Coco and gave me a bath too. I admit that it was nice, but I didn't find the source of the aroma.

From Dogs


In the afternoon, the folks had company and Coco and I were completely ignored. Oh, the guests would pet us from time to time, but we got no attention from the folks. Though I have to admit that we got our supper on time, in fact, a tad early. Finally, when the guests left, we were let out to patrol the premises, chase away any squirrels, and keep the home safe.

Yup, and then we went back in the woods and I showed Jodie the place where I found the smell. I had a really good roll and Jodie got some on her too. AAAHHH, this was good. Then I decided to go in, and scratched the door to get someone to open it. Dad came to the door and he liked the smell too. In fact, I was only a foot or two in the door when it got to dad and it took his breath away. Next thing you know, I'm back outside getting ANOTHER bath. Twice in one day! Is this great or what. After Mom finished the bath, Dad took over and blew us down with the air compressor. This is where the fun ended because Mom took over again and put those weird drops in my ears. Wow, do I hate those drops. What do you think, Jodie?

I'm against the ear drops too. It ruins the experience of a perfectly good bath. There's another thing I've been thinking, Coco, that maybe the folks don't like the smell as much as we do.

Well, I can't agree with you there. That smell is SO AWESOME that they must appreciate it. You know, we smell like flowers now. Do you think we can find the smell in the dark later?

Oh, I KNOW I can find it, I'm just not too sure that we should. I heard Mom tell Dad that we're going back on the leashes tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment