Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back in the Pool

Around 12:30 AM, Sunday, the motorhome pulled into the driveway and the door opened. Coco and I were coaxed to exit. Normally, Mom or Dad exits first and only after they reach the ground are we allowed to follow, and then only with a leash on. What a treat to just run out of the camper and run around free. Whee!

That's not the only treat, Jodie, being able to walk into the woods alone to do our business is nice also. I wonder how they would like to be led to the bathroom on a leash and urged to go with someone looking on. We had some good times on the road, but it's really great to be home.



From August 5



A REAL treat is getting back in the pool. The Dad has been working on this since Sunday and finally got it to the point where we can swim. You may not realize this, but I have greatly improved my fetching over the summer. Coco could always beat me to the ball in the water, but now I'm a formidable opponent. Sometimes I beat her to the ball and sometimes she beats me.



From August 5



I'll admit that Jodie can beat me to the ball on land, but the only time she beats me to the ball in the water is when I let her. I am like an otter in the water. Jodie does well enough on the surface, but has she ever gone to the bottom for a toy? Of course not! I, Coco, the pool otter, can cruise along the surface or swim to the bottom to get a toy. Sometimes we get to the ball at the same time. Jodie, tell them who gets the ball when it's a tie.



From August 5




OK, she gets the ball, but only because she goes crazy and nearly drowns me. I have to back away to save myself. And going to the bottom is no big deal. All she really does is get lots of water in her ears that requires Mom to put stuff in her ears. Phoey on that.



From August 5




If we're at the beach and all we do is swim, then I swim. If we're chasing the ball, then I mean to get the ball it's as simple as that.

One of the nice things about the pool is that after the dip, Dad blows us down with an air hose and that feels fantastic! Then, we get a great rubdown with fresh towels. We end up pretty clean and almost totally dry. It makes me feel invigorated, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment