Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Return to Normal

Well folks, life at the Tempesta residence is returning to normal since Brooks was picked up this afternoon. What this means in a nut shell is a few things. The gates in the doorways have been taken down. We don't have to hide in the computer room or bedroom to escape the little guys. But most of all, it means that ALL the attention given to the pets is given to me and Coco. NO SHARING!!!!

I can't complain about a lack of attention. You were a little bit gruff at times and when you growl, the folks don't like to get down with you. I'm so laid back that they fall all over me, even when they had all those puppies. Brooks was the only puppy that we really got to play with and he was starting to grow on me, once he stopped trying to nurse. That was the big disadvantage to looking like his mother.

OK, I'll admit that it felt good to have him tailing us up to the woods. It reminded me of the times we'd venture up in the woods with his Mom. Of course, bowling him over during play was a big ego booster, if the folks didn't catch us.

Ah, yes, I did get yelled at a few times for treating him too roughly. Hey, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Isn't that what they say?

Yes, Coco, that's what they say, but it really doesn't apply here. He was just a little tyke trying to keep up with us. Have you forgotten what it's like to have the energy and enthusiasm of a puppy.

All of this is just so much chatter. I'll tell you what's on my mind. Our times in the swimming pool have been few and far between since the puppies arrived. Now that Brooks is gone, I'm waiting for the pool to be open to us a lot more often, and I mean A LOT MORE OFTEN!!! A few hours every day at least.

We will have to see what happens. I sauntered out to the family room, intending to take a quick nap on Brooks' bed, only to find out that it's already gone. Not everything about getting back to normal is positive. Just like when Freckles was here, when she got a cookie, we got a cookie. And when Brooks got a cookie, we got a cookie. You are going to have to hone your begging skills or we're going to waste away to nothing.

You called her Freckles, her name is now Molly, did you forget?

Yes, it was just a slip of the tongue. I know her name is Molly......... Molly. Molly. Molly. I've got it now.

Oops, gotta run, it's suppertime.......suppertime.......suppertime........

No comments:

Post a Comment