Friday, December 11, 2009

WOW!!! What a day!

What a day I had yesterday!!!! I heard Paul and Helen talking about taking me somewhere to have me tutored. Oh! Great! I thought. A young lady like me could use a little self improvement. Perhaps I was heading for obedience training, though they would be the first to admit that I’m a VERY obedient girl. Training to be a hunting dog??? I didn’t know.

So Paul got me in the car and we headed out, only to head up at the place that pokes and probes and gives me needles. What’s up, Doc? Perhaps I should say “What’s up, Vet?” Anyway, it wasn’t too bad at first as I met Diesel, a very handsome Boxer. Then, some lady came out and took my leash from Paul and led me out back.

More needles and soon my head was spinning. Then I slept, and slept, and slept. When I awoke sometime later I had the WORST hangover. Ugh. As time went on I gradually woke up more and more, but was still a bit “drunk” when Paul picked me up later in the day. I think I was glad to see him, but I’m not sure I showed it because I was still somewhat groggy. He took me home and I was glad to be there, but I was STILL not myself. I was afraid to lie down because I thought I’d never get back up, so I very slowly paced back and forth. That was quite a feat when you consider that I was walking like a drunken sailor. They offered me food and drink, but I couldn’t take anything. Finally, I did go to my bed and slept like a rock. I awoke my old self, famished and thirsty. Helen gave me food and drink and now I’m feeling quite good. I have a pinch in my tummy from time to time, but not too bad.


Helen and Paul were talking about my puppies and mentioned that when they get to their forever home they would also have to be tutored. At least that’s what I thought they said. At any rate, I’m having another great day at the Tempesta household with my puppies and my two BFF (Best Friends Forever), Jodie and Coco. More later.

Freckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment