Friday, June 19, 2009

Water, water,everywhere!


Wow, people, we really hit the jackpot today. Coco and I have been yearning for some time in the water, after all, we ARE Labs, and today was the day. For quite a long time we have been seeing water out the window of the car or camper, but we never seem to stop. This time the old folks stoped at a beautiful river that runs into the ocean at Metane, Quebec. There wasa a neat current and we''d dash out into the river until we couldn't touch, then the current would rush us down stream for a while. We'd swim to shore and run back up stream and do it all again. Coco was having a bit of trouble retrieving sticks. She usually grabs one and tosses it around only to find it behind her. In the current, she'd toss it around and the current would get it. Coco would turn around and around, but the stick would be gone.

I want to know what the story is on the dog-eating salmon.
For awhile I was having a glorious time dashing in and out of the water until Jodie told me about the huge salmon in the river that eat dogs. Now I know about the dog-eating alligators in Florida, but salmon? It took a lot of the fun out of the swim. I'd see something suspicious in the water and I'd freeze until I was sure it was just a rock or a shadow. It didn't help when Jodie ran from the water yelling about the river monster. She's just teasing me! I know there are no river monsters and I know there are no dog-eating salmon. Still..............do you think they could eat a Maltese?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment