Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wow oh WOW, Water!!!

What a great time we had today. We'd been traveling in the motorhome for, like, hours, when the old man pulled into a new campground. Water in every direction! You could run around blindfolded and still find the water. Of course, they wouldn't let us out as the did some of the stuff they always do outside, but me and Jodie could see the water so close to the campsite. We decided to press the issue and take things into our own paws. The plan was to charge the door the next time it opened. We didn't have to wait long. When the old man opened the door, I put all my weight into it, with a little prodding from Jodie's cold nose. We caught the old man off guard and we were out! I ran a victory lap around the campsite with Mom trying to grab my collar. NO WAY! I was free and I was goind to stay that way. After taunting her for a second, I dashed around her and sped to the water. Jodie was right behind me running like a freight train out of control. WE HAD A BALL!

Indeed! It did work well. We were able to romp in the water and on the beach and Mom even came to play with us. There's a lot of driftwood and we played fetch and keep away. It was good fun and good exercise and we had a grand time. At least we were having a grand time until the leashes got connected and we got led back to the camper. While we were playing with Mom, the Dad set us up for a bath. One of the truths of playing in the water is that salt water means a bath, fresh water, not necessarily so. So it was baths with nice warm water all around, followed by a brisk rubdown with dry towels, Ain't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment