Thursday, April 8, 2010

Darned if I do and Darned if I don't!

Those of you who read my blog know that from time to time Coco and I get in trouble for rolling in something that offends the old folks. When we come in from such a romp, it's instant bath time, as if the scent of green apple is any better than dead animal.

Ok, yesterday I went in the woods and was VERY careful to avoid any dead animals. I did find a spot of nice soft earth and had a grand roll. It was almost like a session of doggy spa. As soft as the earth was, it was also very black, but DID NOT SMELL! I admit that I looked like a black lab, but I didn't smell.

When I sauntered back in the house the old lady shooed me out of the house and there I was, back in the bath getting another bath. Ugh!!! The old man was out for the day and had no idea what I had to go through. However, when he came home and Coco and I JOYOUSLY greeted him, he noticed that I was still a little damp and he got the story of my day. Fine, if they want to be that way, so be it. I still get my meals, a bed, and a lot of good attention.

So today I was back in the woods and didn't want to get another bath, so I avoided the black earth and found a nice sandy area. Ooh was it nice. I got on my back and rubbed back and forth for a long time and I felt so good. There was no dirt to be seen on my coat and I headed into the house. The old man reached down to pet me and instantly ordered me outside. Huh, I thought. What is this about? Then he said something about my fur being full of sand. Opening the garage door he reached for the blower from his air compressor and called me over. Now, that is something I really enjoy so I quickly went to be groomed. The air blew all over my coat and I guess he got enough sand out to be happy, because I was then allowed inside. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow, but a sand bath followed by a blow down is a pretty good combination.

In the meantime, while Jodie is getting in trouble, I'm just sitting here being an angel and getting into no trouble at all. I think I deserve an extra cookie for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment