Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

Hello all! A few days ago the folks took us for a walk in the forest near our home. For those who know the area, it was off Trail 10 in the State Forest, a trail we've done a number of times before. Dad allowed us to take the camera so we were able to get some pictures.


This is the first picture I took of Coco. She wouldn't stay still and this is all I got.



I'm very pleased with this picture. Notice that the flowers are in the center of the picture. Part of the reason is that the flowers don't move and part of the reason is that I'm getting the hang of taking a picture as the camera sees.



This is the last picture I took for awhile. Of course you can see the folks walking down the trail. It's my last picture because the camera is way too heavy. It may weigh more than a bag of kibbles and my neck kept getting lower and lower and Dad took the camera before it dragged in the dirt.

I finally got my turn at the camera and this is my first picture.



You will notice that Jodie is about out of the picture because she wouldn't stand still. She growls at me when she misses a picture, but she doesn't stay still for me either. Jodie is correct! The camera weighs too much. I was waiting for the ideal picture of a deer or a rabbit, but we never saw one. We saw a few tortoise holes, but I couldn't get in there with a camera and I finally gave up and lat Dad carry it for me. Below are some pictures he and Mom took with our camera.



This was taken by one of the folks. They are SUPPOSED to be so good with a camera, but you may notice that my head is hidden by a tree. You might also notice that Coco and I range well off the trail while the folks just walk down the trail and back. They are missing all the smells. Besides, off in the woods we can sometimes snag a bone or something. What the folks don't know won't hurt them.



From Dog Photography



When I got the camera back I snapped one more picture of Coco. She gets hot very quickly and here she was laying down in the shade. When she does this, I know the walk is almost over.


This picture was taken by Mom. After a long walk, Coco can't jump back in the Jeep because of her hips, so Dad has to help her. I don't want to say anything that will get me in trouble with the censor, but it sure looks like Mom had to help Dad in the car right after this.

I could say something like we need a stronger, younger Dad, but he may think it's time to trade in two Labs for a couple of Yorkies.



I'm pretty sure that Mom took this one, too. We are obviously beat and if they could read my mind they would know that I'm thinking "put the darn camera away. Get in the car and put the air conditioning on full. Then direct all the vents to the rear". Only a few minutes after this we were in the pool. Aaaahhhhh, the pool.

Wouldn't it be nice to see some pictures that Coco and I took around the pool. I thought so, but Dad wouldn't let us take the camera near the water. He is not always around when we're in the pool so at some later date perhaps I can sneak it out while Mom's not looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment